05 Jun 2019
By Nutritionist Kaitlin
VEGETARIAN / GLUTEN FREE (can be made dairy free)
This mexican layered bake is loaded with nutritious foods that taste delicious! It’s also yummy as a leftover option.
‘Tip: you can swap out the rice for quinoa or buckwheat.‘
- 2 medium sweet potato cubed
- 1 cup of brown rice, cooked
- 1 avocado, mashed with lemon or lime juice
- 3 tomatoes, diced (or tomato salsa)
- 1/2 cup of corn
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 100g ricotta cheese (or vegan alternative)
- Parsley or coriander, chopped
- Corn chips (optional)
In an ovenproof dish, bake the sweet potato cubes at 200c for approx 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cook up your brown rice. Remove the sweet potato from the oven and layer over the brown rice, dollops of smashed avocado, diced tomatoes or tomato salsa, corn, black beans, and spoons of ricotta cheese (or vegan cheese like a cashew cheese). You can add corn chips randomly to scoop up the mix if you like. Top with chopped fresh parsley, or coriander! It’s so simple and delish – Enjoy!
Do you need more guidance on your wellness journey?
Book an appointment with one of our practitioners here